Declutter your home and make a little cash by holding a garage sale this summer. While you could just plop your stuff on a table, a little planning can increase your profits. Here are five tips for having an awesome sale:
- Think like a store. Group like items together to encourage someone to buy multiple items.
- Invite friends or organize a neighborhood sale. Group sales attract more traffic.
- Price everything. If someone doesn’t see a label, they may walk away instead of ask.
- Be willing to bargain, but be less flexible at the start.
- Do not use a cash box. Keep your money on you at all times.