With the weather in the 70s and 80s, holiday shopping may be the last thing on your mind, but checking a few tasks off your list now will save you some stress come December.
Here are five things you can do to prepare for a festive season:
1. Review last year’s holiday. What went well that you’d like to repeat? What would you like to improve?
2. Discuss gift-giving protocol. Would you like to draw names this year? Forego exchanges altogether? Or start a new family tradition. Start the conversation before anyone has made their plans.
3. Set a budget. It’s easy to get caught up in the moment and overspend. Avoid big credit card bills in January by deciding how much you’ll spend and saving up to pay cash.
4. Take advantage of the end of summer sales, and start shopping. Things like toys, electronic gadgets and small appliances can be found at great prices right now.
5. Give some thought to your holiday card. If you’ll be including a photograph, consider the best location and wardrobe before the holiday whirlwind begins.