It’s July and it’s hot – let’s head to the pool! Be ready for a quick dip or an invitation to the beach by keeping a pool bag packed and ready to go. Here are a few things you’ll need:
- Choose a tote bag that’s large enough to hold a few towels. Those with pockets that can hold smaller items work well.
- Keep a plastic bag that can hold things like your cell phone, money or small personal items; it will also protect items from unexpected splashes of water.
- Pack sunscreen, eardrops (to prevent swimmer’s ear), and goggles.
- Bring an extra change of clothes for your children. Wet swimsuits in the car aren’t any fun.
- One or two pool toys will keep kids playing happily. It’s a great idea to choose toys that can be shared, such as a torpedo (for underwater catch) or dive beads for a fun game of fetch (you can also use coins.)
- Pack dry towels – at least one for each person. These will be good to cover pool chairs as well dry off before you head home.
- And stock your bag refillable water bottles and non-perishable snacks.