At Art Van Furniture, tents are our “thing.” Our founder owes his success to a legendary liquidation sale held 56 years ago at the Michigan State Fairgrounds. Since then we’ve been popping up the big top in our parking lot to offer great deals and rekindle fond memories.
Whether you’re a first-timer or a seasoned tent sale shopper, here are eight things you can do to make the most of this fun event:
- Have a plan. Whether you need a new sofa or kitchen table, know what you’re looking for so you can find it quickly.
- Take measurements. If you’re adding a piece to an existing grouping or building a room from scratch, measure your wall and floor space so you can be sure your new treasure fits.
- Bring paint and fabric swatches. The overall design of your room is important, so bring your colors to help you find the best match.
- Come early. The early bird gets the worm. Many items are one of a kind, so you don’t want to miss out on your chance to bring them home.
- Come back. New items are brought out to the tent during the day, and additional savings are added throughout the sale.
- Walk the tent. When you arrive, take a tour to spot what interests you. If it’s a one of a kind item, grab a sales associate and get it marked sold.
- Don’t wait. If you love it, buy it. If you decide to think about it, you risk that it will be gone when you return.
- Get credit. We say “yes” to credit in minutes, and we have a great payment plan for you even if you currently have no credit. Cardholders get invitations to exclusive sale events, and advance notice of new merchandise.
Rain or shine, the Art Van Tent Sale will be held this weekend. Lace up your comfortable shoes and we’ll see you under the big top!