In addition to a color palette based on New York Fashion Week, Pantone, the global color experts, introduced a color group based on London fashion. Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute, said the fall/winter colors are comprised of strong classics complemented by a few unpredictable shades for the autumn and winter seasons. “Unexpected combinations such as Royal Lilac and Otter Brown or Lemon Curry with Bluebell are eye-arresting and create an unusual color dichotomy,” she said.
Colors from fashion often make their way to the home, and if you like this collection, here is a list of its colors as well as a description of what they will bring to your home.
- Flame Scarlet. A vivid, powerful red, this strong shade leads the way in for Fall in London.
- Primrose Pink. An embracing and gentle pale pink shade.
- Toast. Toast brings a comforting, warmhearted presence to the autumn winter season.
- Bluebell. This tranquil blue reflects connection and a soothing sense of peace.
- Royal Lilac. An enchanting purple, Royal Lilac provides a theatrical linkage to the other colors in the palette.
- Otter. A country color that comes to the city, Otter adds an earthy grounding and a sense of rootedness.
- Navy Peony. Just as we saw in New York, the dependable and anchoring Navy Peony is a mainstay for the season. Solid and stable, the hue takes some of the load off of black as a go-to neutral.
- Copper Tan. Copper Tan, a burnished shade known for its welcoming warmth.
- Lemon Curry. Exotic and spicy, Lemon Curry adds a touch of piquancy to the seasonal color story.
- Golden Olive. A staunch yet stately green Golden Olive provides sturdiness.