Happy 40th Birthday to Joanna Gaines! Art Van Furniture has been a proud retailer of Joanna’s Magnolia Home Collection, and her pieces are among our customers’ favorites. To celebrate this special day, we thought we’d share 40 reasons why we love Joanna.
1. She made farmhouse style the hottest look in home design.
2. She taught the world what shiplap is.
3. She made t-shirts and jeans super fashionable.
4. She loves her kiddos.
5. She has an amazing eye for detail.
6. She isn’t afraid of a design challenge.
7. She regularly eats cupcakes!
8. She has put motherhood first.
9. She isn’t afraid to be silly.
10. She lets Chip be Chip.
11. She has the best facial expressions (especially when Chip is being Chip).
12. She has goats.
13. And chickens!
14. She tells a family’s story through design.
15. She taught us to create art out of everyday objects, such as baskets and buckets.
16. She supports local businesses when she does a renovation.
17. She has a deep respect for history and architecture.
18. She has an amazing talent for mixing styles and making rooms unique.
19. She finds the best stuff at flea markets.
20. She’s very involved in charity work.
21. She has an amazing green thumb.
22. She never seems to have a bad hair day.
23. She sees the beauty in everything.
24. She gets her kids involved in the design process.
25. She has a great smile.
26. She inspires other business owners with her thriving companies.
27. She isn’t afraid to get her hands dirty.
28. She’s down to earth and likeable—even after becoming a big design star.
29. She found time to write a cookbook and a book with her husband.
30. And she has a great blog.
31. And an amazing magazine.
32. She’s always willing to try something new.
33. She can do cartwheels!
34. And a flip on a trampoline.
35. She’s kicked down a wall during demo day.
36. She’s an early bird, who makes her kids a hot breakfast every morning.
37. She has hit TV show but she doesn’t have a TV, preferring to spend time with family instead.
38. Her talent is self-taught.
39. She has a marriage that many of us envy.
40. And she knows that home is the best place of all.
What are we missing? Be sure to share why you love Joanna in the comments below, and help us wish her a wonderful birthday!