You could go out and invest in new dinnerware for the holidays. Gorgeous designs that are perfect for holidays like Thanksgiving, Hanukkah and Christmas are festive and fun. But you can also easily dress up your existing dinnerware with some easy and inexpensive details that will give you the same result.
Here are five ways to dress up your existing dishes and make them shine for the season:
Photo credit: 3 Little Greenwoods / Pinterest
1. Use Chargers. Classic white plates look chic and elegant when you place them on a charger. Choose luxurious silver or gold for a classic look. Or brighten up the table with jewel tones, such as ruby, emerald or sapphire. We love this snowflake charger craft idea. You’ll be surprised at the impact a charger can make, and it can happen in a snap.
Photo credit: Traditional Home / Pinterest
2. Purchase New Salad Plates. Instead of investing in an entire set of china, why not purchase salad plates that you layer atop your everyday dinner dish? The single piece won’t cost a lot, and the top plate is the star of the setting. Choose something for the holiday or season, and it will look like you went all out.
Photo credit: Paper & Lace / Pinterest
3. Add the Details. Little things can make a big impact, and your choice of napkins and napkin rings can set the tone. Instead of classic white napkins, choose a bold color or pattern. Or stick with white and let the ring take center stage. Here are some fun ideas we found on Pinterest. You could even go simple, and tie a sprig of evergreen with twine or ribbon.
Photo credit: Flamingo Toes / Pinterest
4. Roll Out the Table Runner. Add flair by using a dramatic table runner. Not only does it introduce a theme; a runner allows the natural beauty of your table show through. You’ll find a wide assortment of options designed for your specific holiday, or head to the fabric store and purchase a piece of velvet, satin or even faux fur. You could also use a beautiful plaid blanket; the contrasting texture will create a warm, festive setting.
Photo credit: Seattle Pi / Pinterest
5. Think About Place Mats. Place mats offer another design opportunity, and they help protect your table. Choose a color that enhances your holiday décor, or personalize a set of your own with this fun burlap place mat craft project.
We’d love to see how you create a festive tables design for the holidays. Post your photos in the comments below!