Joanna Gaines may be known for reviving farmhouse style, putting her modern twist on the classic style, but one of her strengths is her ability to design for a variety of families. From Midcentury to traditional, she offers something for everyone.
That’s probably why her Magnolia Home Homestead Collection is among our most popular groupings. The small-scaled sectional, chairs and ottoman will look at home in any décor. And the beautiful cream linen-like upholstery feels casual as well as elegant. Define the style of the space by choosing your favorite accent pieces.
A Collection for Years To Come
Your taste may change, but the Homestead Collection provides the foundation for a beautiful room for years to come.
Be honest: Did you know what shiplap was before you started watching Fixer Upper? (We didn’t either!) Today it’s the must-have material for your farmhouse-style room. If you can’t add it to your walls, bring it home in your furniture. Joanna Gaines’ Magnolia Home Collection gives you Fixer Upper style without moving to Waco.
One of our most popular pieces is the Framework Bed, which features a shiplap headboard, footboard and side rails. If you love modern style, you’ll love its simple, square shape and industrial details. Joanna says the horizontal lines were inspired by yesterday’s workspaces.
“It’s a clean comfortable look that you will always love coming home to,” she says.
See it and the rest of the Magnolia Home Collection at your nearest Art Van location.
Happy 40th Birthday to Joanna Gaines! Art Van Furniture has been a proud retailer of Joanna’s Magnolia Home Collection, and her pieces are among our customers’ favorites. To celebrate this special day, we thought we’d share 40 reasons why we love Joanna.
1. She made farmhouse style the hottest look in home design.
2. She taught the world what shiplap is.
3. She made t-shirts and jeans super fashionable.
4. She loves her kiddos.
5. She has an amazing eye for detail.
6. She isn’t afraid of a design challenge.
7. She regularly eats cupcakes!
8. She has put motherhood first.
9. She isn’t afraid to be silly.
10. She lets Chip be Chip.
11. She has the best facial expressions (especially when Chip is being Chip).
12. She has goats.
13. And chickens!
14. She tells a family’s story through design.
15. She taught us to create art out of everyday objects, such as baskets and buckets.
16. She supports local businesses when she does a renovation.
17. She has a deep respect for history and architecture.
18. She has an amazing talent for mixing styles and making rooms unique.
19. She finds the best stuff at flea markets.
20. She’s very involved in charity work.
21. She has an amazing green thumb.
22. She never seems to have a bad hair day.
23. She sees the beauty in everything.
24. She gets her kids involved in the design process.
25. She has a great smile.
26. She inspires other business owners with her thriving companies.
27. She isn’t afraid to get her hands dirty.
28. She’s down to earth and likeable—even after becoming a big design star.
29. She found time to write a cookbook and a book with her husband.
30. And she has a great blog.
31. And an amazing magazine.
32. She’s always willing to try something new.
33. She can do cartwheels!
34. And a flip on a trampoline.
35. She’s kicked down a wall during demo day.
36. She’s an early bird, who makes her kids a hot breakfast every morning.
37. She has hit TV show but she doesn’t have a TV, preferring to spend time with family instead.
38. Her talent is self-taught.
39. She has a marriage that many of us envy.
40. And she knows that home is the best place of all.
What are we missing? Be sure to share why you love Joanna in the comments below, and help us wish her a wonderful birthday!
HGTV’s Fixer Upper may be over, but you can still enjoy Joanna Gaines’ style by bringing home furniture from her Magnolia Home collection.
The Double Pedestal Dining Table is one of her most popular pieces. Inspired by old buildings from yesteryear, it features massive corbel brackets for its base. To give the piece the look of an architectural antique, Joanna used a weathered shop floor finish on the base as well as on the plank top. Sleek chairs let the table be the centerpiece. Their simple lines and spindled back for just a touch of detail.
This grand dining set will become a family favorite, and will help you celebrate traditions new and old. See it and the rest of the Magnolia Home collection at your local Art Van location.
Where did the season go? Chip and Joanna finished their final Fixer Upper with a home they called the Americano House. They definitely ended on a high note and on a house that spoke to their design strengths. In her blog, Joanna shares that her favorite room is the kitchen and dining room.
“Our clients wanted an industrial farmhouse style, so we used a couple of tried and true farmhouse design elements with some unexpected industrial details,” she writes. If you like the style, too, here are three design tips you can use in your own home.
Combine Industrial and Farmhouse Styles
Joanna used a lot of traditional farmhouse elements in this home, including the existing shiplap ceiling, farmhouse sink, and subway tile backsplash. Then she gave the room a twist by adding industrial details, like the hardware, and stainless steel vent hood. “I’ve always liked to pair these two styles together because of how seamlessly they balance each other and blend together,” she writes.
Use Classic Colors
Joanna used the classic black and white palette, which gives the room a timeless and clean feeling. “Using this classic color palette is true to the farmhouse style, and it also allows for all kinds of additional accent pieces to be added in seamlessly,” she writes.
Add Dimension to the Ceiling
Joanna warmed up the high contrast color palette by making the ceiling a focus piece. “I decided to expose the shiplap on the ceiling. I love how the kitchen feels balanced with the black, white and natural tones,” she writes.
Do you love the Americano House? What will you miss most about Fixer Upper?