When it comes to celebrity dads, Chip Gaines is definitely a favorite. We loved watching him play catch, go fishing and simply hang out with his kids on Fixer Upper. And we still get to admire him via Instagram and Joanna Gaines’s blog. She writes, “It didn’t take long after we became parents that I realized Chip was always going to be ‘The Fun Dad.’ … Chip has a childlike way about him! He always has. At work, things are 100% about work, but as soon as he gets home, it’s phones up and playtime is on.”
Design a Chip-inspired room by paying attention to comfort. Casual lines and relaxed shapes make it clear that the furniture is to be enjoyed. We bet there’s lots of forts built with the kids on weekend afternoons. Add a touch of your family’s story with lots of pictures, heirlooms and mementos from your travels. Have plenty of pillows and blankets on hand and within reach so your space is nap-ready. And include favorite activities, like a checkers board or basket of books for story time. The most important ingredient in Chip’s space is family.
Joanna Gaines may be known for reviving farmhouse style, putting her modern twist on the classic style, but one of her strengths is her ability to design for a variety of families. From Midcentury to traditional, she offers something for everyone.
That’s probably why her Magnolia Home Homestead Collection is among our most popular groupings. The small-scaled sectional, chairs and ottoman will look at home in any décor. And the beautiful cream linen-like upholstery feels casual as well as elegant. Define the style of the space by choosing your favorite accent pieces.
A Collection for Years To Come
Your taste may change, but the Homestead Collection provides the foundation for a beautiful room for years to come.
Be honest: Did you know what shiplap was before you started watching Fixer Upper? (We didn’t either!) Today it’s the must-have material for your farmhouse-style room. If you can’t add it to your walls, bring it home in your furniture. Joanna Gaines’ Magnolia Home Collection gives you Fixer Upper style without moving to Waco.
One of our most popular pieces is the Framework Bed, which features a shiplap headboard, footboard and side rails. If you love modern style, you’ll love its simple, square shape and industrial details. Joanna says the horizontal lines were inspired by yesterday’s workspaces.
“It’s a clean comfortable look that you will always love coming home to,” she says.
Happy 40th Birthday to Joanna Gaines! Art Van Furniture has been a proud retailer of Joanna’s Magnolia Home Collection, and her pieces are among our customers’ favorites. To celebrate this special day, we thought we’d share 40 reasons why we love Joanna.
1. She made farmhouse style the hottest look in home design.
2. She taught the world what shiplap is.
3. She made t-shirts and jeans super fashionable.
4. She loves her kiddos.
5. She has an amazing eye for detail.
6. She isn’t afraid of a design challenge.
7. She regularly eats cupcakes!
8. She has put motherhood first.
9. She isn’t afraid to be silly.
10. She lets Chip be Chip.
11. She has the best facial expressions (especially when Chip is being Chip).
12. She has goats.
13. And chickens!
14. She tells a family’s story through design.
15. She taught us to create art out of everyday objects, such as baskets and buckets.
16. She supports local businesses when she does a renovation.
17. She has a deep respect for history and architecture.
18. She has an amazing talent for mixing styles and making rooms unique.
19. She finds the best stuff at flea markets.
20. She’s very involved in charity work.
21. She has an amazing green thumb.
22. She never seems to have a bad hair day.
23. She sees the beauty in everything.
24. She gets her kids involved in the design process.
25. She has a great smile.
26. She inspires other business owners with her thriving companies.
27. She isn’t afraid to get her hands dirty.
28. She’s down to earth and likeable—even after becoming a big design star.
29. She found time to write a cookbook and a book with her husband.
30. And she has a great blog.
31. And an amazing magazine.
32. She’s always willing to try something new.
33. She can do cartwheels!
34. And a flip on a trampoline.
35. She’s kicked down a wall during demo day.
36. She’s an early bird, who makes her kids a hot breakfast every morning.
37. She has hit TV show but she doesn’t have a TV, preferring to spend time with family instead.
38. Her talent is self-taught.
39. She has a marriage that many of us envy.
40. And she knows that home is the best place of all.
What are we missing? Be sure to share why you love Joanna in the comments below, and help us wish her a wonderful birthday!
HGTV’s Fixer Upper may be over, but you can still enjoy Joanna Gaines’ style by bringing home furniture from her Magnolia Home collection.
The Double Pedestal Dining Table is one of her most popular pieces. Inspired by old buildings from yesteryear, it features massive corbel brackets for its base. To give the piece the look of an architectural antique, Joanna used a weathered shop floor finish on the base as well as on the plank top. Sleek chairs let the table be the centerpiece. Their simple lines and spindled back for just a touch of detail.
This grand dining set will become a family favorite, and will help you celebrate traditions new and old. See it and the rest of the Magnolia Home collection at your local Art Van location.