How much do you know about your bed and sleep environment? You might be surprised at a few facts. Take this better sleep quiz to see if you’re “sleep smart.”
1. How often should you replace your mattress?
- a.) Every three years
- b.) Every five to seven years
- c.) Every 10 years
- d.) Every time you get a new bedroom set
Answer: Replace your mattress every five to ten years. Sleeping on older mattresses causes unnecessary back pain.
2. True or false: Your mattress can double its weight without a proper protector.
Answer: True! Dirt, oil, skin cells and dust mites get trapped inside, weighing it down as well as causing allergic reactions.
3. True or false: Sleep is more crucial to survival than food.
Answer: True! A human can survive two months without food, but only 11 days without sleep.
4. How often should you replace your pillow?
- a.) Every 12 months
- b.) Every three years
- c.) Every five to 10 years
- d.) The age of the pillow isn’t important
Answer: Replace your pillow every 12 months? Hair and body oils soak into a pillow’s fabric and stuffing, making it a breeding ground for bacteria.
5. How long should it take you to fall asleep?
- a.) As soon as your head hits the pillow
- b.) 10 to 15 minutes
- c.) 30 minutes
- d.) 45 minutes
Answer: If it takes you less than five minutes to fall asleep, you’re probably sleep-deprived. Ideally, falling asleep should take 10-15 minutes.
How did you do on this better sleep quiz? Let us know in the comments below. And if you need to update any of the items in your room, head over to Art Van PureSleep for the latest technology and sleep solutions.