Striking Out On Your Own
Leaving the nest is never easy, but eventually we all have to learn to fly. Discovering your style can be a fun and frustrating journey, especially if your big ideas don’t fit into your new space.
Fortunately, there’s plenty you can do to get your first new digs in order from furniture, to décor and accenting everything with the right pieces.
Liven Your Living Room
- Sofas, Sectionals & Futons – The first order of business for any new space is getting your seating squared away. Sofas and sectionals are a great start, but if you’re looking to save a few bucks, futons work just as well.
- Coffee Tables – For tabling, coffee tables work the best, but multiple end tables also work.
- Loveseats – If your budget allows, tossing a loveseat into the mix is always a good idea when entertaining guests.
If you’re looking for a quick solution to fill your living room, check out our multi-piece living room packages.
- Fill your dining space with some slick dining table and chair sets. For more intimate spaces, a bar table and bar stools might be a better fit, but you’ll have to make that choice.
- If you want to buck tradition, turn your dining area into a reading/office nook for any and all projects with a recliner or rocker. It’s a good way to wind down after a long day of classes or the hustle and bustle of work.
- Dressers – Keep your clothes, accessories, and other personal things organized while adding some character. Dressers are not necessary, but certainly don’t hurt.
- Beds & Bed Frames – The place your rest your head is important. Quality mattresses and bed frames are more affordable than you think at Art Van.
- Night Stand – Well, you’ll need somewhere to put your phone, book or glasses. A night stand is a great surface to keep convenience close and adds more personality to your space.
Extras We Take For Granted
- Rugs – A little accessorizing goes a long way. Adding a rug or two is a great way to add pops of color to contrast with plain walls. You can also use rugs to create some pattern ambiance for all of your spaces.
- Floor Lighting – With all the décor and decorations you have going, it would be a shame if the right light couldn’t illuminate it. Floor lighting is a great idea to give an even balance of light to bring out colors and highlight angles that standard overhead apartment lighting may not do well.
There’s no need to break the bank to furnish your new apartment. You can find excellent sectionals, sofas and love-seats from Outlet plus coffee tables that fit tons of tastes. Art Van makes spreading your personality and personal flair throughout your place easy.